- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Class of 1969 50th Reunion
HOMECOMING & REUNION WEEKEND 2019
JULY 1, 2019!
50th Reunion Schedule of Events
Thursday, October 3
- Class of ’69 Registration and Hospitality — 1 pm to 4 pm at Glen Rowan House (across from Chapel on Sheridan Road, parking available) Glen Rowan House will be our base for the weekend: music, photo displays, maps, places to network, relax, meet friends and more.
- Class of ’69 Welcome Reception — 4 pm to 6 pm at the Hilton Garden Inn, located at 26225 Riverwoods Rd., Lake Forest (cash bar)
- Ron Pownall ’69 Photo Exhibit and Opening Gallery Reception — at Durand Art Institute, North Campus (Community-wide event)
Friday, October 4
- Class of ’69 Registration and Hospitality — 8:30 am to 4 pm at Glen Rowan House (across from Chapel on Sheridan Road, parking available)
- Bookstore Open — 8:30 am to 4 pm located in the Stuart Commons
- Class of ’69 Golf — 9 am at Deerpath Golf Course. (Visit https://www.deerpathgolf.com to set up your tee time, rental clubs available)
- Class of ’69 Campus Walking Tour, Then and Now with Art Miller — 10 am to 11:30 am beginning at Glen Rowan House (across from Chapel on Sheridan Road)
- Class of ’69 Arts Event: Ron Pownall Photo Exhibit - Gallery Walkthrough with Ron (1- 1:45 pm at Durand Art Institute) and Ron’s Rock+Roll Slide Show (2- 3 pm, McCormick Auditorium, Middle Campus)
- Class of ’69 Science Event: The Future is Here, 3:15- 4:30 pm - Tour the new Lillard Science Center and talk with students about their research and projects.
- Homecoming Kick-off Happy Hour — 5 to 6:30 pm (location TBD)
- Class of ’69 Class Photo — 6:30 pm at Calvin Durand Hall (formerly the Coffee Shop)
- Class of ’69 Celebration Dinner— 6:45 pm at Calvin Durand Hall (formerly the Coffee Shop)
Saturday, October 5
- Celebration Lunch at Fan Fest — 11:30 am to 3 pm in the Sports Center and Buchanan parking lot (look for 50th reunion reserved tables)
- Class of ’69 City of Lake Forest Architecture Tours on Trolley — First trolley departing at 12:30 pm and the second trolley departing at 1:30 pm from the Stuart Commons Bookstore exterior entrance.
- Football vs Knox College — 2 pm at Farwell Field
- Class of ’69 Celebration Dinner — 6:30 to 11 pm at the Gorton Community Center. The local landmark dates to 1901 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, now renovated and accessible, parking available (3 blocks from campus near Deerpath Inn) ($50 includes dinner and bar)
Sunday, October 6
- Class of ’69 Last Hoorah! Breakfast — 9 to 10 am at the Hilton Garden Inn, located at 26225 Riverwoods Road, Lake Forest ($12.95 at the door)
Lodging - special rates at these hotels!
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest/Mettawa $101 per night
26225 North Riverwoods Boulevard Lake Forest, IL 60045
Residence Inn by Marriott Lake Forest/Mettawa $111 per night
26325 N. Riverwoods Blvd Lake Forest, IL 60045
Watch for link on how to get to campus by plane, train, or automobile!
Class of 1969 Reunion Gift
We as 50th Reunion Class members will present a collective contribution in appreciation of our college experience. Gifts of all types and all purposes made since our last reunion count, whether outright, campaign, or planned. Click here to give a class gift today!