- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Celebrating 150 Years
Celebration: The Sesquicentennial of Lake Forest College, 1857-2007
During 2007 Lake Forest College celebrated its 150 anniversary of exceptional liberal learning and service with a year-long celebration of special events and programs that included an academic festival a book discussion series called Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Reads, and an international day of service, in which Foresters across the globe participated in service projects in their community.
The Sesquicentennial speaker series included talks by Chicago Tribune architecture critic Blair Kamin, Hinduism scholar Wendy Doniger, MIT biologist Susan Lindquist, sommelier and host of the PBS series Check, Please! Alpana Singh, as well as a keynote by Pulitzer-Prize winning author and New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman.