- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
The Planning Committee has created four working groups to address the following issues:
Distinctiveness and Identity
- Are there ways in which we are already distinctive? What do we do particularly well? Do we have particular strengths that distinguish us or that could be highlighted to do so in the future?
- What opportunities do we have for becoming more distinctive?
- How can we differentiate ourselves more clearly from our competitive peers?
Preparing Our Students for Life After Lake Forest College
- What do today’s undergraduates need to learn and experience in order to be well prepared for life after graduation?
- What changes, if any, should we consider making to our academic and co-curricular programs in order to better prepare our students for postgraduate careers?
How can we demonstrate to parents and prospective students that a Lake Forest College education provides outstanding preparation for postgraduate success?
- What have been the effects of recent enrollment growth on the College and its programs?
- What other issues should we anticipate surfacing over the next few years as the College achieves and sustains an enrollment of approximately 1700 ?
- Are there new academic programs that we should consider adopting or current initiatives that should be expanded?
- What role should technology play in realizing our educational mission (classroom technology, LIT, online/blended education, social media, etc.)?
- What other innovations should we consider?
Each working group will also consider the following five overarching themes:
Marketing the college and building net tuition revenue
Ensuring an exceptional student experience
Building alumni engagement with the College
Addressing facility and infrastructure needs
Recruiting and retaining strong faculty and staff