At Lake Forest College, our mission is to provide the highest quality educational experience for our students. To achieve this goal, we engage in an on-going process of feedback, evaluation, and modification.
The Assessment Committee aims to facilitate this process by providing a structure for assessment, a support system for analyzing and interpreting data, and a means of communicating results of the assessment process to the College community.
Provides a forum for considering the assessment of student learning at the College and makes recommendations to the Dean of the Faculty and/or other officers of the College, academic departments and programs, the faculty, and other committees as relevant.
- Establishes procedures for the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Assists academic programs with the creation and implementation of assessment plans.
- Receives and reviews annual assessment plans for all academic programs, evaluates the effectiveness of these plans, and provides recommendations to programs for improving the assessment of student learning.
- Collects, maintains, and makes available to appropriate constituencies a repository of assessment reports for all academic programs.
- In collaboration with Academic Resources and Review Committee (ARRC), provides assistance to academic programs undergoing external review.
- In collaboration with the Curricular Policies Committee (CPC), ensures that appropriate plans and processes are in place for the assessment of the College’s Forester Fundamental Curriculum.
- Conveys findings and recommendations derived from assessment activities to faculty governance committees, as appropriate.
- Maintains awareness of assessment best practices.
- Serves as a resource for departments, programs and other interested constituencies on campus and provides assistance in the ongoing development of effective assessment of student learning across campus.
- Reports annually to the Dean of the Faculty on the status of the assessment of student learning at the College.
- At least four full-time faculty members, one from each division and one at-large member, appointed on the recommendation of FPPC. The at-large member serves as the committee chairperson and should have prior experience with assessment.
- The Associate Dean of the Faculty.
- The Institutional Research Associate.
- Additional faculty or staff representatives as needed, depending on major tasks to be undertaken during the year.
Members of the Assessment Committee 2019-2020
- Holly Swyers, Sociology and Anthropology (Chair)
- Liz Benacka, Communication
- Kyle Diep, Institutional Research
- Muris Hadzic, Finance
- Anna Jones, Associate Dean of the Faculty
- Erica Schultz, Chemistry
- Tracy Taylor, Art and Art History
For more information:
View more data and information on my.lakeforest (login required).
- Facts and Figures
- History of the College
- Our Students
- Our Campus
- Office of the President
- Board of Trustees
- Senior Staff
- Office of Student Affairs
- Strategic Planning
- Campus Conduct Hotline
- Federal Disclosure Requirements
- Assessment Committee
- COVID-19 Information
- Our Alumni
- Reputation and Rankings