- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Health Services Staff
Associate Director of Health Services
Kathy Salinger received her Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from the State University of New York at Albany, a Master’s Degree in Nursing Administration from Marymount University, and a Post-Master’s Certificate as a Nurse Practitioner from North Park University. This is Kathy’s eleventh year at Lake Forest College but she has been a nurse for over thirty years. She is experienced in diagnosing and treating a wide range of health problems and focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, health education and counseling. Kathy aspires to help students make wise health and lifestyle choices.
Services offered in the Health Center include: physical examinations; illness evaluation and management; minor injury evaluation and management; sexual health (birth control, STI education/testing/treatment); prescription management; wellness and nutrition counseling; some on-site testing as well as other blood draws and laboratory services. Services that are not performed on-site will be referred and billed to a student’s individual health insurance plan (such as x-rays, laboratory testing, and physician specialist appointments).
Her collaborating physician is Medical Director, Dr. Lynne Belsky who is available to see students by appointment one afternoon each week. To schedule an appointment Kathy or Dr. Belsky please contact the Health and Wellness Center at 847-735-5240 or schedule via the Forester Health and Wellness Portal.
NorthShore University HealthSystem
Melissa Battista received a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Northern Illinois University in 2008 and a Master of Science in Nursing from Loyola University Chicago in 2015. She is a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner, with a focus on health prevention throughout each patient’s lifespan, from childhood to adulthood. Melissa aims to provide students with personalized care and education, while focusing on disease management, overall wellness, and lifestyle modifications. Melissa has nursing experience in the cardiothoracic intensive care unit, with an emphasis on heart health. She has a special interest in healthy eating and preventive care.
Her collaborating physician is Medical Director, Dr. Lynne Belsky who is available to see students by appointment one afternoon each week. To schedule an appointment with Melissa, Kathy, or Dr. Belsky please contact the Health and Wellness Center at 847-735-5240 or via the Forester Health and Wellness Portal.