- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Student Health Insurance
If you have insurance and do not wish to be enrolled in, and charged for insurance through the College, you must file a waiver online by August 10, 2017.
Student Health Insurance Fees
Health insurance coverage is required of all undergraduate resident and nonresident students who are enrolled at least half time, excluding degree candidacy pending students. The College provides a limited coverage plan for 12 months at a cost of $1394 or a Spring semester plan for $1000 (est).
Before waiving the student health insurance, please be sure to read these important considerations.
Brochures outlining the plan and the benefits are available online.
Health Insurance Waiver
All applicable students are automatically charged the full amount for the student health insurance coverage. Students may waive the plan if other coverage is carried. Waivers must be filed with the College’s insurance broker over the Web by August 10th for cancellation of charges. International students who are not permanent U.S. residents must document comparable coverage through a U.S. insurance carrier.
If you do not submit the waiver by August 10, 2017, you will automatically be enrolled in the non-refundable College insurance.
About Gallagher-Koster Insurance
Lake Forest College is pleased to partner with Gallagher-Koster Insurance as our student health insurance manager. The staff at Gallagher-Koster Insurance and the staff in Health Services on campus will assist in answering questions regarding insurance matters. Health Services is located in Buchanan Hall and is open 8:30 to 5:00 during the week during the academic year. Siobhan Michelotti can be contacted at 847-735-5240 during these hours.
Gallagher-Koster Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency specializing in student insurance. Gallagher-Koster combines an in depth knowledge of state insurance regulations with years of experience in the health care and insurance industry to customize student medical insurance plans to address the unique needs of Lake Forest College students.