- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Health and Wellness
The Health and Wellness Center supports the College mission to promote an exceptional student experience by providing prevention-focused, accessible and high quality healthcare and counseling for a diverse student population.
We are dedicated to encouraging behaviors that change or eliminate health-related barriers to learning, and to promoting optimal physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and community wellness
News about Health and Wellness
What is the Challenge?
Boomer’s Wellness Challenge invites campus community members to complete different tasks related to physical, emotional and social wellness. You can participate in the Challenge as an individual or as part of a team (2 to 5 people per team). For each task completed, participants receive points which are recorded via weekly email surveys. Attached you’ll find a preview of the weekly tasks. As points are accumulated, participants earn fun, wellness related, prizes as they reach certain “milestones”! This is a great challenge to improve your own well-being, work together with friends or colleagues and earn fun prizes along the way!
What can I win?
Beyond earning terrific milestone prizes, at the end of the 3-week challenge, the top 2 student individuals, top 2 faculty/staff individuals and first place student & faculty/staff teams will be rewarded with our fabulous grand prizes!
How do I sign-up?
Click here to register! Lastly, all participants will receive a Forester Fitness themed prize just for signing up!
In honor of World AIDS Day, the Health & Wellness Center will be providing free oral HIV tests to students on Monday, December 3rd. No appointment is necessary and test results will be completely confidential. HIV tests are quick and painless!
Have the student health insurance offered by the College? United Health Care has 24/7 Student Assistance Program: 877-862-1172. For telehealth services visit telehelp4students.com or call 855-870-5858 for 24/7 access to a licensed counselor or doctor.
New Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Health and Wellness Mary Grigar loves working with college-age students and helping them through their journey of self-discovery.
The Health and Wellness Center doctoral internship program has earned accreditation from the American Psychological Association (APA).
Most students struggle at times when things don’t go as planned. Not getting that internship, performing poorly in an important game, or failing an exam will undoubtedly ratchet up a student’s stress level.
Cole Ledford, an advocate for LGBTQ+ and mental health communities, will speak at 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 20 in the Lily Reid Holt Memorial Chapel.
Current students: Learn more about the State of Illinois Student Optional Disclosure of Private Mental Health Act and complete the Authorization Form.
Lake Forest College stands together to prevent sexual misconduct on and off campus. Watch this video by FOREST Media, the Coalition Against Sexual Misconduct, Poets Igniting Change, and Student Government, then take the pledge online.