- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Health and Wellness
The Health and Wellness Center supports the College mission to promote an exceptional student experience by providing prevention-focused, accessible and high quality healthcare and counseling for a diverse student population.
We are dedicated to encouraging behaviors that change or eliminate health-related barriers to learning, and to promoting optimal physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and community wellness
News about Health and Wellness
24/7 anonymous support for students who need help for themselves or a friend. Text “LAKECO” to 1-844-823-5323 to connect with a local fully licensed mental health professional.
Below are a couple of resource options for tobacco/vaping cessation:
This is Quitting – A free mobile, text messaging program designed for young people to quit vaping.
Text “DITCHJUUL” to 88709
Illinois Tobacco Quitline – A free telephone counseling service, a resource for tobacco users interested in quitting.
1-866-QUIT YES (1-866-784-8937)
The Health and Wellness Center emailed all students on September 11 to alert them to a multistate outbreak of severe lung disease associated with e-cigarette product use (devices, liquids, refill pods, and/or cartridges).
Lake Forest College ranked #14 in the nation for Best Health Services in the just-published 2020 edition of The Princeton Review’s annual guide, The Best 385 Colleges.
The Health and Wellness Center doctoral internship program has earned accreditation from the American Psychological Association (APA).
Most students struggle at times when things don’t go as planned. Not getting that internship, performing poorly in an important game, or failing an exam will undoubtedly ratchet up a student’s stress level.
Cole Ledford, an advocate for LGBTQ+ and mental health communities, will speak at 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 20 in the Lily Reid Holt Memorial Chapel.
Current students: Learn more about the State of Illinois Student Optional Disclosure of Private Mental Health Act and complete the Authorization Form.