- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
Omicron Delta Epsilon
Omicron Delta Epsilon is an International Honor Society for Economics. The honor society was created in 1963 as a merger between Omicron Delta Gamma and Omicron Chi Epsilon, societies that had chapters in different geographic areas of the United States. There are currently 681 chapters of Omicron Delta Epsilon located in the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Egypt, France, Kazakhstan, and the United Arab Emirates according to the organization’s website, which can be accessed here.
The primary purpose of the organization is to recognize outstanding academic achievement in economics, especially at the undergraduate level. The honor society also promotes closer relationships among students and faculty at the chapter schools and offers opportunities for broader involvement by students and faculty alike at professional economic meetings.
Lake Forest College is honored to administer the Rho Chapter of Omicron Delta Epsilon at the college. Students with majors in Economics, Finance or Business are invited to join the society each spring if they meet the academic criteria set by the national organization. The faculty in the Department of Economics and Business host an induction ceremony with an invited speaker later in the spring semester to formally welcome those who accept the invitation to join.
While the Omicron Delta Epsilon chapter at Lake Forest College primarily functions as an honor society to recognize student achievement, members are also invited to join the faculty for other speaker events on campus and participate each fall in a trip to the Illinois Economics Association meetings in Chicago.