Nu Rho Psi
Lake Forest College became the 26th member of Nu Rho Psi, the National Honor Society in Neuroscience, founded in 2006 by the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience in spring 2012. Nine neuroscience majors and two faculty were inducted as charter members. After a successful first year, an additional four neuroscience majors, one faculty member and three recent alumni were inducted in spring 2013.
The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to:
- encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience;
- award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship;
- advance the discipline of neuroscience; encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in neuroscience and related fields;
- promote career development in neuroscience and related fields;
- increase public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society; and encourage service to the community.
Photos of Nu Rho Psi
Enjoy these photos from the 2015 Robert B. Glassman Memorial Brain, Mind & Behavior Symposium. 50 students and alumni presented posters and five faculty and alumni presented interdisciplinary talks on November 12. Over 200 community member and public attended the symposium.
Spring 2014 Nu Rho Psi Induction of new members, faculty and alumni.