- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Nu Rho Psi
Lake Forest College became the 26th member of Nu Rho Psi, the National Honor Society in Neuroscience, founded in 2006 by the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience in spring 2012. Nine neuroscience majors and two faculty were inducted as charter members. After a successful first year, an additional four neuroscience majors, one faculty member and three recent alumni were inducted in spring 2013.
In 2014, our chapter was honored as the National Chapter of-the-Year at the annual Society for Neuroscience meeting in San Diego (CA).
The purpose of Nu Rho Psi is to:
- encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience;
- award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship;
- advance the discipline of neuroscience; encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in neuroscience and related fields;
- promote career development in neuroscience and related fields;
- increase public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society; and encourage service to the community.
Congratulations to the new Nu Rho Psi inductees! On April 28th, new members of Nu Rho Psi were inducted into our chapter!
2012 Nu Rho Psi induction
September 8- Showing of Silver Linings Playbook. 7-10 pm in McCormick Auditoriun
September 13- Seminar from Jelena Radulovic, MD, PhD, Dunbar Professor of Bipolar Disorder at Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine. “The Neurobiology off Stress-Related Emotions.”
September 24- The Walk to End Alzheimers. Register to walk with Lake Forest’s Team!