- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30150_english-_literature.rev.1452788457.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30151_education.rev.1452788464.png)"/>
Library and Information Technology
How do I print?
When at one of the computers in the 24 Hour Lab, Reference Area, Room 237, or Room 203, select print from the programs menus. After the job looks like it has printed open a web browser and go to http://gutenberg:9191/user, login, and go to Jobs Pending Release. You will see the job you printed along with the number of pages and the cost of the job. If the job is not there right away wait a few seconds and click refresh. Once the job is there, click “print” for the jobs you would like to print.
Can I print from my laptop?
Lake Forest students, faculty, and staff may print to a 24 Hour Lab printer from laptops or other devices:
- Go to http://gutenberg:9191/user and log in with your College network username and password.
- Click Web Print.
- Click Submit a Job.
- Click one of the buttons for single- or double-sided printing.
- Click the button labeled “2. Print Options and Account Selection.”
- If you want to print more than one copy, change the number in the box, then click the button labeled “3. Upload Document.”
- Browse to the document, then click the button labeled “Upload & Complete.” Repeat these steps for any other documents you wish to print.
- On the left, click Jobs Pending Release.
- On the next page, click “print” for the jobs you would like to print.
- Your printout will be in the 24 Hour Lab.
Do I have to pay to print?
Only if you go over your allotted number of pages. You start each fall semester with $15. Another $15 is added at the start of the spring semester. For normal printing $0.05 is charged to your account for each page. Double-sided printing costs $0.025 per side, or $0.05 for 2 sides. The Technology Resource Center (TRC) on the second floor has color and poster printers. The cost is $0.50 per page for color printing and $4.00 per foot of longest dimension for poster printing (maximum 42”x100’). Visual Communications (next to Young Hall) also has color printers and printing in color costs $0.50 per page.
How do I check my balance?
Open a web browser and go to http://gutenberg:9191/user and login.
I have printed my allotted number of pages. What now?
Students can add money to their printing account in any amount at the Reference Desk, using cash or check. Money can also be added at the Business Office ($5.00 minimum), or by credit/debit card by using the College’s e-commerce site.
Can I print on both sides of the sheet?
The printers in the library labs area print on both sides of the sheet by default, and doing so is a great way to make your allotted number of pages go farther. Some instructors prefer to have assignments printed one-sided; be sure to ask before printing assignments two-sided.
I have a problem. Whom do I call?
You can ask for help at the Reference Desk in the library or in the Technology Resource Center. If no one is available, please call the Help Desk at x5544 from a campus phone or 847-735-5544 from off campus or from a cell phone. You can also email the Help Desk at email@example.com.