- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47160_person-1990906_1920.rev.1538513059.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47147_adolescent-adult-blur-933964.rev.1538511206.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47157_achievement-agreement-arms-1068523.rev.1538512792.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47158_annie-spratt-608002-unsplash.rev.1538512909.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47159_blackboard-573023_1920.rev.1538512979.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47150_apple-black-and-white-black-and-white-169573.rev.1538511480.jpg)"/>
Faculty and Staff Computing
The Help Desk at 847-735-5544 is your primary point of contact for any technology-related issue.
The Help Desk team works closely together to assess and channel requests to the right person to help. Some of the basic assistance they offer includes:
- fixing computers/printers/hardware that are not working properly
- fixing network/email access problems
- resetting passwords
- installing computers and helping you configure them
- answering basic MS Office and Outlook questions (For example, “How to I format a header in Word?” “My Inbox list appears random rather than being listed by time received. Can this be changed?” “Why can’t I login to my email account?”).
Beyond the standard technical support services, the Help Desk coordinates with User Services and Academic Technology professional staff to provide:
- software training for faculty, students, and classes
- using Moodle, a course management system, for class activities online
- project planning and development for technology in teaching and learning
- assistance with small technology grants for such projects
- consultation on future hardware/software purchases and budget requests
- working with academic-specific software applications and solutions.
Acceptable Use Policy (pdf)
Email Account Policy (pdf)
Password Policy (pdf)
Connecting to Network Storage
These instructions show how to access your network storage folder from a computer on or off campus.
Open Access Resolution
Open Access FAQ
Panopto Videos Site for viewing and editing videos made with Panopto Recorder. Login required.
Panopto Setup and Installation
Recording with Panopto (Windows)
Recording with Panopto (Mac)
VPN Software (password required)
Faculty and Staff may install Virtual Private Network (VPN) software on their personal computers. After using the above link you will have the OpenVPN Client installed and can always launch the VPN from the client on your computer. Then you can set up access to your area of the network from your home computer.