- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47158_annie-spratt-608002-unsplash.rev.1538512909.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47150_apple-black-and-white-black-and-white-169573.rev.1538511480.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47147_adolescent-adult-blur-933964.rev.1538511206.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47160_person-1990906_1920.rev.1538513059.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47157_achievement-agreement-arms-1068523.rev.1538512792.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/152/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47159_blackboard-573023_1920.rev.1538512979.jpg)"/>
Information Technology Services maintains computing labs on campus for student use. Many students find it beneficial to have their own computer and printer. To help you with your computer purchasing decisions, we offer the following information:
Every room in residence hall is connected to the Internet with wireless and/or wired access. Many students prefer the convenience of wireless access, while others like the faster download speeds that come with wired access in equipped halls. It’s your choice, given the right features on your computer. The College will provide you with an Ethernet cable free of charge where appropriate, and there is no charge for your network connection.
Where To Buy
Apple: Apple Store for Education 1-800-800-2775
If you have questions about specifications for a computer you’re planning to purchase, please feel free to call our Help Desk at: 847-735-5544 or email email@example.com. They will be happy to advise you.
Each student is also provided with storage space on a network server that can be accessed from any computer on the campus network. This server is backed up each day and is a very reliable place to store your documents and files.
Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software
You must protect your computer from viruses and malicious spyware. The most effective way to do this is to install anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computer, make sure that this software is being kept up to date, and routinely scan your computer for viruses and spyware.
Go to the “Software Downloads” page on my.lakeforest.edu for the latest version of Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Students are responsible for keeping personally owned computers free from viruses and software. ITS staff cannot help students clean up computers that become infected with viruses or spyware if you they are not using College-supplied anti-virus software.
If you have questions, feel free to call the Help Desk at x5544 from campus phones. From off campus, call 847-735-5544. Questions may also be directed to the Help Desk email account firstname.lastname@example.org.