- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Billing and Payment
All students have real-time, 24/7 access to their account information.
Semester billing statements are only available online via the my.lakeforest.edu portal (username and password required).
To access your billing statement online:
- Log into your Forester Account at https://my.lakeforest.edu/ics/
- Click on “Students”
- Click on “My Account”
- In the “View My Account Information” box, click “Billing Statement”
Statements and payments are completed in real-time.
To pay your student account balance online:
- Log into your account at afford.com. There you can make a one-time payment or establish a payment plan for the balance due on your account.
- Forester Payment Plan – afford.com
- Make a One-Time Payment – afford.com/PPT/MakeAPayment
- NOTE: Payments made with a credit card are subject to a service fee. Service fees vary based upon the card presented for payment. There is NO service fee for payments made by e-check from a checking or saving account.
Students have the ability to grant permissions to parents, guardians, grandparents, etc. to access the student’s account, financial aid or academic records. Permission can be granted to one or all areas and can be changed or canceled at any time.
In order to establish permissions, a student should:
- Log into their my.lakeforest portal
- Select, “Student” tab
- Select, “Privacy Permissions” from the left-hand column
- Select, “Define New Permissions”
- Enter the name and contact information of the person that you want to grant permissions to. You can enter permissions for multiple people with each person having his or her own specific access.
- Select the areas that the person can view. The start date is automatically populated with today’s date. Permissions for a specific person can be changed or ended at any time by resubmitting a new form.
- Confirm the permissions that you have selected and click on the “Submit Permissions Form” at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: Family members must be enrolled in the Parent Portal in order to receive information from the Business Office.
In order to establish permissions, please review the information in the column on the right.
Please read the important information below.
Due Dates and Fees
Tuition, room and board and other student account charges are due each semester, for all students including those who have received permission to return late according to the schedule below:
Fall Semester: August 15th
Spring Semester: January 15th
A late fee of $100 will be applied to any student account with an outstanding balance as of the following business day after the payment due date for any account that has not enrolled in and is current with an online payment plan.
All students must have their account in good standing in order to register for subsequent semesters, receive transcripts, or diplomas.
Families have the option to pay for student account related items online by using a U.S. checking or savings accounts or via credit card. Payments made with a credit card are subject to a service fee. Service fees vary based upon the card presented for payment. There is NO service fee for payments made by e-check from a checking or saving account.
Please note, debit cards are associated with a bank account number and routing numbers. By entering your bank account number and routing number, there will be no service fee.
The One-Time Payment option does not require a username or password and does not store any banking information. Our payment processor, Nelnet/Tuition Management Systems, (TMS) provides a secure site that protects your information while it is being transmitted. It is important to have the student’s ID number at Lake Forest College in order for us to correctly identify and process the payment. The student’s ID number is located on their billing statement.
Forester Monthly Payment Plans (FPP)
The College offers a full-year or per semester payment plan without any interest or *fees. Lake Forest College partners with Nelnet/Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to service payment plans.
- The Full-Year payment plan runs July through April
- The per semester payment plans run July through November for the fall only or December through April for the spring-only plan.
Enrollment is available online.
Enrollment over the phone is available by calling 1-800-356-8329 Monday - Friday 8 a.m.- 10 p.m (ET).
The Forester Payment Plan (FPP) allows families to make up to 10 or 5 monthly payments throughout the course of the year or the semester. Enrollment in the FPP for either the entire academic year or the semester should be completed by July 15 (December 15th for the Spring semester) to take advantage of the 10 or 5-month plan. Families can enroll at a later date and are provided the option of enrolling in a shorter monthly plan.
*There is a $90 enrollment fee for the annual plan and a $60 enrollment fee for the per semester plans. No interest charges will be applied. After paying the initial enrollment fee, payments can be made by check or via auto-debit from your bank account. Late fees and insufficient funds fees may also apply.
Enrollment and Housing Deposits, Parking Permits and Miscellaneous Charges
Credit card payments can be made for non-tuition related items through our online store.
Click here to make payments for parking permits or fines, course-related materials, enrollment deposits, or application fees.