- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
News and Events
Lake Forest College In the News
- January 17 In reaction to the evolving situation in Iran, Gorter Professor of Islamic World Studies and Professor of Sociology Ahmad Sadri wrote “Why did Iran lie about shooting down the Ukrainian plane?” for Al Jazeera.
- January 6
- December 20 The Amazing Brain community outreach program that serves as a non-traditional final exam for the BIOL130 Deadly Shapes, Hostage Brains class was featured in TheLake Forest Leader on December 18.
- December 10 Professor of Music Don Meyer, who recently composed original music for the CD “Selections from Kahlil Gibran’s ‘The Prophet,’” was featured in The North Shore Weekend.
- October 29 Lake Forest College’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program was the top news story featured in Illinois Science & Technology Coalition’s Catalyst Newsletter. Click here to read the complete story, “Entrepreneurship is no longer just for big universities.”
- October 25
- October 21
- October 14
- September 17 Associate Professor of Spanish, Emerita Lois Barr, an award-winning poet, was featured in the Chicago Tribune for creating poetry inspired by her commute on the “L,” Chicago’s elevated trains.
- August 20 Vivian Ta, assistant professor of psychology, published an article on the use of emojis as affective signals for relationship-oriented digital communication with Amanda Gesselman and Justin Garcia from the Kinsey Institute at Indiana University.
- July 31
- July 24 Associate Professor of Theater Richard Pettengill was interviewed on WGN Radio to talk about his book-in-progress on the 1969 Woodstock Festival and a 50th anniversary tribute concert.
- July 23 An Associated Press sports reporter turned to A.B. Dick Professor of Economics Robert Baade for his input on an article exploring scandal and the high cost of the Olympics in Tokyo next year.
- July 15
Construction workers discovered a 3,000-pound safe beneath the parking lot of a synagogue in Chicago, and the College’s own Rebecca Graff, assistant professor of anthropology, provided her insight on the mystery.
- July 2 Professor Jason Cody was profiled by the Chicago Tribune in this recent article: