- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
News and Events
Lake Forest College In the News
- October 29 Lake Forest College’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program was the top news story featured in Illinois Science & Technology Coalition’s Catalyst Newsletter. Click here to read the complete story, “Entrepreneurship is no longer just for big universities.”
- October 25
- October 21
- October 14
- September 17 Associate Professor of Spanish, Emerita Lois Barr, an award-winning poet, was featured in the Chicago Tribune for creating poetry inspired by her commute on the “L,” Chicago’s elevated trains.
- August 20 Vivian Ta, assistant professor of psychology, published an article on the use of emojis as affective signals for relationship-oriented digital communication with Amanda Gesselman and Justin Garcia from the Kinsey Institute at Indiana University.
- July 31
- July 24 Associate Professor of Theater Richard Pettengill was interviewed on WGN Radio to talk about his book-in-progress on the 1969 Woodstock Festival and a 50th anniversary tribute concert.
- July 23 An Associated Press sports reporter turned to A.B. Dick Professor of Economics Robert Baade for his input on an article exploring scandal and the high cost of the Olympics in Tokyo next year.
- July 15
Construction workers discovered a 3,000-pound safe beneath the parking lot of a synagogue in Chicago, and the College’s own Rebecca Graff, assistant professor of anthropology, provided her insight on the mystery.
- July 2 Professor Jason Cody was profiled by the Chicago Tribune in this recent article:
- June 25 Gorter Professor of Islamic World Studies and Professor of Sociology Ahmad Sadri was interviewed on June 24 on NPR’s Worldview program talking about how President Trump’s last-minute decision to cancel airstrikes on Iran has impacted Iranian politics. Listen to the interview here.
- May 1 Eddie Crummey ’22 was recently interviewed by the Chicago Tribune about his role as a city liaison with the City of Lake Forest.
- April 30 Gorter Professor of Islamic World Studies and Professor of Sociology Ahmad Sadri’s “Heroes Take Their Stands,” performed by Silk Road Ensemble—a Grammy Award musical group—was reviewed recently in the Los Angeles Times.
- April 23 The Chicago Tribune interviewed Anna Trumbore Jones for an article on the recently announced $1.1 million Andrew W. Mellon Grant and the Humanities 2020 project she is leading.