- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
News and Events
Lake Forest College In the News
- August 20 Vivian Ta, assistant professor of psychology, publishes an article on the use of emojis as affective signals for relationship-oriented digital communication with Amanda Gesselman and Justin Garcia from the Kinsey Institute at Indiana University.
- July 31
- July 24 Associate Professor of Theater Richard Pettengill was interviewed on WGN Radio to talk about his book-in-progress on the 1969 Woodstock Festival and a 50th anniversary tribute concert.
- July 23 An Associated Press sports reporter turned to A.B. Dick Professor of Economics Robert Baade for his input on an article exploring scandal and the high cost of the Olympics in Tokyo next year.
- July 15
Construction workers discovered a 3,000-pound safe beneath the parking lot of a synagogue in Chicago, and the College’s own Rebecca Graff, assistant professor of anthropology, provided her insight on the mystery.
- July 2 Professor Jason Cody was profiled by the Chicago Tribune in this recent article:
- June 25 Gorter Professor of Islamic World Studies and Professor of Sociology Ahmad Sadri was interviewed on June 24 on NPR’s Worldview program talking about how President Trump’s last-minute decision to cancel airstrikes on Iran has impacted Iranian politics. Listen to the interview here.
- May 1 Eddie Crummey ’22 was recently interviewed by the Chicago Tribune about his role as a city liaison with the City of Lake Forest.
- April 30 Gorter Professor of Islamic World Studies and Professor of Sociology Ahmad Sadri’s “Heroes Take Their Stands,” performed by Silk Road Ensemble—a Grammy Award musical group—was reviewed recently in the Los Angeles Times.
- April 23 The Chicago Tribune interviewed Anna Trumbore Jones for an article on the recently announced $1.1 million Andrew W. Mellon Grant and the Humanities 2020 project she is leading.
- April 3 Gorter Professor of Islamic World Studies and Professor of Sociology Ahmad Sadri was interviewed on April 3 on NPR’s Worldview program talking about the scientific revolution of Iran and Central Asia between the ninth and twelfth centuries. The interview aired here on Chicago’s WBEZ 91.5 FM.
- February 5 When a local newspaper reporter was doing a story on big numbers, she turned to Associate Professor of Math Enrique Treviño for answers.
- February 1 Kevin Curameng ’18 was recently featured in a Chicago Tribune article on his professional career at Walgreen’s corporate office in Deerfield and his time at Lake Forest College, where he double majored in finance and politics and was a student-athlete.
- January 23
- January 15 Lake Forest College is highlighted in a Forbes travel story on the historic Deer Path Inn in downtown Lake Forest. Click here to read the article.