- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
News and Events
Lake Forest College In the News
- August 14 Assistant Professor of Anthropology Rebecca Graff was recently quoted in a Chicago Tribune article about her archaeological work contributing to the discovery of the Mecca Flats, a residential building that formerly stood at 34th and State streets in Chicago.
- August 1
- July 16 The Archaeological Field School dig is already attracting media attention given the intriguing story about the Underground Railroad connection, and has been featured recently on WTTW’s nightly newsmagazine, Chicago Tonight.
- June 6
- May 15 President Stephen Schutt went on the air live to discuss the virtues of a small college campus during WBBM-Radio’s annual Education Week spotlight.
- April 25 Associate Professor of Religion Ben Zeller was interviewed by KJZZ’s “The Show” about the importance of faith, religion, and cults in American pop culture.
- April 24 Assistant Professor of Sociology and Anthropology Todd Beer lends his expertise to a Colorado Springs Independent story about the relationship of police with communities of color.
- April 4 Matthew Roszak ’95 participated in the first initial coin offerings beginning in 2013, before the term even existed. The crypto entrepreneur gave Richard Branson and Bill Clinton their first Bitcoins.
- March 28
The Lake Forest College Theater Department’s resident costume designer, Nathan Rohrer, was recently mentioned for his work with Giordano Dance Chicago in the Chicago Tribune’s rave review of the dance company.
- March 26 Assistant Professor of Anthropology Rebecca Graff was recently quoted in a Chicago Tribune article about the placement of the Obama Presidential Center in Chicago’s Jackson Park—the same site where the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893 was held.
- March 19 Assistant Professor of Economics and Business Kent Grote was tapped as an expert in a recent article on New Mexico’s broken lottery system in The New Mexican.
- February 23 While the U.S. Olympic team left PyeongChang with 23 new medals, Ernest A. Johnston Professor of Economics Robert Baade added several new media mentions to a growing list of news stories in which he is quoted on the economic impact of hosting the Olympics.
- February 20 Professor of Sociology and Islamic World Studies Ahmad Sadri was recently interviewed on WBEZ’s Worldview about The Secret Fatwa, a new film about the Iranian prison where Sadri was held for two months.
- February 15 Professor of English Davis Schneiderman was invited to write an essay for a memorial to the recently deceased writer Ursula K. Leguin at Another Chicago Magazine.
- February 13 Professor of Sociology and Islamic World Studies Ahmad Sadri was interviewed by CBC and BBC News about prominent Iranian environmentalist Kavous Seyed-Emami, who recently died in prison after being arrested on spying charges.