- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Julia Lovelace ’18
On nice warm days, Julia loves to grab a blanket and relax on the Middle Campus Quad. A true environmental studies and art major, she likes being in a calming place where she can enjoy the outdoors.
“I love being able to say hi to friends as they walk by or wave them over to join me on my blanket.”
She decided to attend Lake Forest because it was the only school that she truly felt she could call a second home. The location, size, and academic atmosphere were perfect for her.
Julia became a resident assistant because she had an amazing RA her first year who made the transition from high school to college and from living at home to living on campus so much easier. “Now I want to be that person for incoming first years.”
How did you choose your area of study?
I chose art and environmental studies because I have loved both of these things for as long as I can remember. I can not think of anything else I would rather study and have a career in. I am extremely passionate about them and will be for the rest of my life.
What did you think of the faculty?
I LOVE the faculty. I have yet to have a professor that I did not like. They are all so passionate and driven to do what they love, and they are always there for you. I have found it so easy to build more personal relationships with many of them, and they have helped to make my first few semesters of college that much smoother.
What was your favorite class?
So far my favorite class is Elements of Design. I love Professor Taylor. She allows us to work on our art projects for nearly the entire class and plays funky and fun music while we do it.
What’s the best thing about Lake Forest College?
The best thing about Lake Forest College is definitely the students. I have made so many genuinely kind, caring, and absolutely amazing friends here, and I would not want it any other way. Everyone is so friendly and polite, and I always feel so welcomed wherever I go.
More information to share?
Do not be afraid to try something new! College is the time to experiment and figure yourself out. One of the ways you will figure out what you love, or what you hate, is by taking risks and doing things you maybe have never done before.