- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Christopher Way ’14
What made you choose the school?
I am a senior at Lake Forest College. I visited the campus the spring of my junior year of high school and at the end of my tour I knew this was the place for me. I felt so welcomed and the campus was absolutely stunning so it was impossible for me to consider attending another institution. It was, and still is, the perfect fit.
What are you studying and what is the career path you would like to take?
I am a politics and communication double major with a minor in legal studies. I would like to get involved in LGBT activism or pursue a career in teaching. I also have an interest in special event coordination so I may dabble in that at some point as well.
Who is your favorite professor at the college? Why?
I have three favorite professors at the College. I adore Professor Debra Levis, because she can inspire any student at any age and engage an entire classroom full of students about any topic. I respect Professor Siobhan Moroney, because she isn’t afraid to stand up for what’s right and is a loyal advocate for each of her students. Finally, I have never had a class with Professor Miguel DeBaca, but I did research with him my freshman summer and he is an absolutely brilliant man who serves as a great role model.
What is your favorite social media and why? Do you have a Twitter handle?
Facebook has become such an integral part of our lives that I don’t think it’s fair to say that it’s my favorite. I’m a huge fan of Twitter, though, and love to participate in conversations with organizations and individuals all around the world through tweets. I think it’s fascinating how Twitter has allowed the world to open up and given individuals the opportunity to sit at the table and voice their opinion about any topic. Feel free to follow me @bornchrisway :)
Where is your favorite place on Lake Forest College's campus and why?
My favorite place on Lake Forest College’s campus is probably the Middle Campus Quad. I enjoy being able to sit on the quad and talk with friends as they pass through. The colors are breathtaking on the quad during autumn, which certainly adds to the aesthetic of the campus. Also, it may not be on campus officially, but I adore the beach. The City does a fabulous job of maintaining a beautiful environment at the beach. It’s definitely one of the iconic locations in Lake Forest.