- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Brittany Puller ’14
What made you choose the school?
I am a senior at Lake Forest College (Class of 2014). I chose this school for many reasons. Firstly, I was impressed by the quality of education and the variety of subjects the College offered. Secondly, I loved the small class sizes and the quaint location away from city life. Thirdly, the financial aid package was quite plentiful.
What are you studying and what is the career path you would like to take?
I am currently an Asian Studies major with minors in Islamic World Studies and Religion. This is perfect for my prospective career — I would like to receive my Ph.D in South Asian Studies (with an emphasis on Religion).
Who is your favorite professor at the college? Why?
My favorite professor is Dr. Fatima Imam. She has been much more than an advisor and professor to me. She has gone out of her way to aid me in my studies, to truly indulge me into South Asian culture, and has been a mentor for my work and academic career. Mamaji, as I call her, has also opened her home to me and aided me with personal issues that arose during my time at the College.
What is your favorite social media and why? Do you have a Twitter handle?
I’m not one for much social media, but I do occasionally check Facebook. I don’t have a Twitter though.
Where is your favorite place on Lake Forest College's campus and why?
My favorite place at Lake Forest College is the gym! Whenever I have a stressful day or just need a break, I always head to the gym. The machines are top notch and the facility is open quite late, which helps with my schedule.