- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Smriti Murali ’14
What made you choose the school?
I am a member of the Senior 25 of the Class of 2014. I chose Lake Forest College because of the flexibility offered by its liberal arts program, its offer of scholarship, and the fact that it was highly recommended by my older brother, also an alumnus of Lake Forest College!
What are you studying and what is the career path you would like to take?
I am pursuing a double major in Finance and Communication and a minor in French. I also try to be involved in music as much as I can. I have not yet chosen a definitive career path, though I am likely to pursue an MBA and I am thus planning to take appropriate steps in that direction.
Who is your favorite professor at the college? Why?
Almost every professor I have had here has been fantastic. Professor Rob Lemke and Professor Dave Park have been wonderful to me as advisors for my Finance and Communication majors, respectively, and also as professors for certain courses I have taken. I have also thoroughly enjoyed taking French courses with Professor Garneau, Professor Hanna, and Professor Hahn, who also used to be my advisor for French before I decided to take it as a minor.
What is your favorite social media and why? Do you have a Twitter handle?
As far as collaborative social media goes, I am a huge fan of Wikipedia. I do not have a Twitter handle. I also love YouTube for the endless hours of entertainment and education it has provided and appreciate Facebook for allowing me to keep in touch with friends and be informed about important political and social events.
Where is your favorite place on Lake Forest College's campus and why?
I feel at home on campus. Each part of it offers me a different type of comfort, though I cannot say I am a big fan of the fourth floor of Young Hall on a warm day.