- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Lucy-George Cooper ’14
What made you choose the school?
I am a senior at Lake Forest College. As a native of South Dakota, Lake Forest College drew my attention for a few reasons. First, the extreme diversity the College shows through both international students on campus and fantastic opportunities for students to go abroad. Furthermore, the small, friendly campus reminded me a great deal of home and the Midwestern hospitality I am so fond of. It also provided “the best of both worlds” with its tight-knit environment on campus, and the opportunities of Chicago so close by.
What are you studying and what is the career path you would like to take?
I am obtaining a double major in International Relations and Economics with a minor in French. Though I have yet to establish an exact career path for myself, I could see myself in many different places. For now, I’m focused on acceptance to the Peace Corps.
Who is your favorite professor at the college? Why?
One of my favorite professors at Lake Forest College is Professor Chad McCracken. Though I’ve only had him for one class, he will always stand out vividly in my mind. My International Law class with him is, to this day, one of my favorite classes. He has a knack for being able to talk about the pain in his toe and somehow relate it to the current state of the United Nations. I don’t think I will ever fully understand how I learned so much in that class even though the majority of lectures consisted of long tangents that somehow Professor McCracken related back to the subject at hand.
What is your favorite social media and why? Do you have a Twitter handle?
My favorite social media is actually my Twitter account. However, I must admit this is a very recent love affair. I don’t actually use Twitter like most of my colleagues do; in fact, I very rarely tweet. Instead, I use this social media to collect all of the news I could possibly want and have it in one place. It’s fantastic! From BBC to tweets the UN sends out to the CFR. The New York Times and the Atlantic tweet fantastic articles and NPR is always up to date on current affairs. It is literally the best way ever to read news from all over the world!
Where is your favorite place on Lake Forest College's campus and why?
Very near Young Hall and the Dr. Seuss rock there is a small green area made up by the intersection of sidewalks. In this green space there are two large trees and in the middle a stone bench. This is my absolute favorite place on campus. It gives you a beautiful view of Middle Campus from all angles. Furthermore, it is a great place to watch thunderstorms and during the summer, ideal for people watching as small children in camps fill the campus.