- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
James “Jim” M. Micali ’69
Jim Micali was Chairman and President of MICHELIN NORTH AMERICA from 1996 to his retirement in August 2008.
He received his legal degree from Boston College Law School in 1973. After practicing law with Higgins, Cavanagh & Cooney in Providence, RI, he joined Michelin in 1977 and held several Legal Department positions, including two assignments in France.
He was named General Counsel and Secretary for Michelin North America in 1985 and became Executive Vice President of the North American Legal and Finance functions.
From 2001 until his retirement in 2008, Jim was a member of the Michelin Group Executive Council.
He also served the Rubber Industry as Chairman of the Board of the RUBBER MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION for a one-year term concluding in 2002.
Jim currently serves on the Board of Directors of SONOCO (NYSE) and AMERICAN TIRE DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
Prior public Board assignments include LAFARGE NORTH AMERICA (NYSE, 2004-2006), RITCHIE BROS. AUCTIONEERS (NYSE, 2008-2012), and SCANA (NYSE, 2008-2017).
He is a Board Member of HUMPHREY ENTERPRISES of Boston, MA, GVD CORP. of Cambridge, MA, and MONOLITH INC. of San Francisco, CA.
Jim is also a Senior Advisor to and Member of AZALEA CAPITAL of Greenville, SC.
In 2004, The Richard W. Riley Institute of Government, Politics and Public Leadership at Furman University named Mr. Micali a Distinguished Senior Fellow in Political Economy and Leadership Management.
Jim has been a guest lecturer at Furman University and served on the Board of Saint Francis Hospital in Greenville, SC. He has also been a member of the Boston College Law School Advisory Board and a Trustee of the French Cultural Center in Boston.
Jim has received the Order of Merit from the French Government and an Honorary Degree from the College of Charleston.