- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Mara Negru ’17
Mara decided to become a Forester because the College is close to her hometown.
“The College has amazing science and pre-health programs that I am interested in and the campus was so beautiful, right on the lake and so close to Chicago.”
She is a peer wellness educator in the Health and Wellness Center. These select students spread the importance of physical health and mental health, as well as healthy relationships, healthy eating, and healthy mindset.
“I became a wellness peer educator because I wanted to make a difference on our campus, and what better way to do that than promote health?”
Mara has learned to value her health more and made it a top priority.
What did you think of the faculty?
Lake Forest College has incredible faculty who are extremely knowledgable in their field, and are always open to help and guide students.
What was your favorite class?
My favorite class was microbiology, because it was a combination of clinical and biological research studies. I learned so much about how disease and illness spreads and how various laboratory studies are used to decipher what pathogen is causing the illness.