- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/42360_HOMECOMING_darker.rev.1523377981.jpg)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Lake Forest College joins Handshake, new career management system
The new career management system is a one-stop career services tool for students and alumni to:
- Schedule appointments with their career advisor and review career advising resources
- Apply to jobs and internships around the world, as well as those exclusively available to Lake Forest College students
- View and RSVP for upcoming career-related events
- Complete a public profile to promote relevant experience and more easily apply for opportunities
“Handshake is mobile-friendly, modern and actively used by many peer institutions, including Northwestern, the University of Chicago, and several Ivy League institutions,” said Colleen Monks, interim director of the Career Advancement Center. “On the employer side, 100 percent of Fortune 500 companies actively recruit on Handshake.”
The College’s new system uses machine-learning to suggest jobs, internships, and events related to students’ interests.
“As of December 5, half of all Lake Forest College students were active on Handshake,” Monks said. “We are excited by the participation thus far and aim to continue to help more students connect with employers and our office on this new platform.”
Students can learn more about Handshake on this Career Advancement Center help page.