- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Communication and Operations Coordinator
The Communication and Operations Coordinator is a full-time position. The coordinator works collaboratively with all career center staff and key on- and off-campus contacts to (1) develop and execute communication/marketing plans to cohesively communicate employer activities, career resources, and other relevant information to key stakeholders, such as current/prospective students, alumni, faculty/staff, parents and employers, and (2) assist with executing career-related programs and ensuring that the operations team provides exceptional customer service.
Lake Forest College has embraced career preparation as a key institutional goal for its undergraduate students more clearly and conscientiously than most other colleges in the liberal arts tradition. Lake Forest’s career center is one of the largest in the country for a college our size, which enables us to execute innovative and effective career programs that lead to great outcomes for graduates. With its location in the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake Forest College is uniquely positioned to be a leader in career preparation. We are committed to preparing all of our students for productive and rewarding careers. The CAC is now seeking a new team member to strengthen the distinctive career support available to Lake Forest College students.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate work of student staff and part-time department assistant to ensure full range of day-to-day operations tasks are handled effectively. Ensure consistent front desk/phone/e-mail coverage and provide coverage whenever gaps emerge.
- Supervise and coach student staff members to help them provide excellent customer service; organize special projects that advance office goals and offer professional development opportunities for student staff.
- Maintain standard operating procedures guide to help all CAC staff to understand best practices for routine office activities. Seek opportunities to improve office efficiency and effectiveness with feedback from other team members.
- Proactively communicate with colleagues and key stakeholders via phone, email, and in-person to ensure customer satisfaction, enhance the reputation of Lake Forest College/Career Advancement Center, and support student career preparation activities.
- Contribute to planning and executing small and large programs on- and off-campus, including Speed Networking and industry-focused networking events.
- Develop event and awareness-building communication plans in alignment with College-wide communication strategy and career center staff goals to expand student/employer/alumni engagement in the five Career Pathway communities; implement communication plan that supports growth in student engagement and expanded employer/alumni engagement in career preparation efforts.
- Write and design communication materials (print, e-mail marketing, social media, web, and/or video) according to campus guidelines and good public relations, advertising, and marketing principles to motivate students, employers, and alumni to utilize the CAC.
- Consult with career center colleagues to ensure communication approaches match the personality and preferences of key stakeholders in each Career Pathway.
- Assist employers with on-campus recruiting activities, development of new job descriptions, and attracting appropriate applicants to positions.
- Assist with departmental data collection and analysis, including annual post-graduate survey; seek opportunities to identify/create quantitative and qualitative data that can be used to demonstrate the distinctiveness of the Lake Forest College approach to career preparation.
- Manage and organize information using technology systems, including the career center management system, alumni database (Slate), LinkedIn, e-mail marketing tools, and website content management system.
- Provide periodic administrative support to the AVP for Career & Professional Development, including assisting with scheduling, expense reports, and special projects.
- Complete other duties as assigned or as opportunities emerge.
Candidates should possess:
- Ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse community of students/alumni, faculty, and staff along with external stakeholders from a variety of industries
- Effective written and verbal communication skills across mediums with attentiveness to detail, tone, audience, etc.
- Experience supervising students or other related experience is ideal
- Must be technologically savvy, including having familiarity with principles for good web design and ability to write compelling and creative messages for print and online. Common technology tools include: social media, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Smartsheet, customer relationship management system (CRM), and website content management system
- Candidate must be able to work with some interruptions and be able to prioritize immediate and longer term work
- Be comfortable planning events. Project management skills would be helpful
- Experience in higher education, especially career services, or recruiting is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Coordinator is expected to work during normal business hours (8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.) to guide front desk operations and must be able to work some evenings and weekends
Please submit cover letter and resume/CV online at: http://bit.ly/2jVlrT5. Materials can be addressed to:
Ms. Lisa Hinkley
Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2399
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is found. Any correspondence related to this search should be sent to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications from traditionally under-represented groups are actively encouraged.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from over 40 states and 70 countries. The College’s student body is culturally diverse, with approximately 40% of our students identifying as domestic students of color or international students. We also have a visible, active, and vibrant LGBT student population. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.