- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Visiting Assistant Professor in Physics
Lake Forest College invites applications for a full-time four-year visiting position in physics, starting Fall 2018. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence in undergraduate instruction and be able to teach in the classroom and laboratory at all levels in our physics curriculum. A Ph.D. in physics or astrophysics is required with a preference for an experimentalist. Limited startup funds are available to support research involving undergraduate students. The Department of Physics currently has research programs in electron-molecule collisions, quantum optics and laser spectroscopy, granular materials, and acoustic levitation. The application consists of a cover letter, a one-page statement of teaching philosophy, a one-page proposal of research, a curriculum vita, and an unofficial graduate school transcript. Applicants should arrange for three letters of reference to be sent separately. Review of applications will begin March 16, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. Application materials should be e-mailed to email@example.com as pdf or Word documents.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1600 students from more than 40 states and from more than 70 countries. At Lake Forest College, the quality of a faculty member’s teaching is the most important criterion for evaluation. The College also expects a research program involving students and active participation in the College community. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.