- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Interim Dean of the Faculty
As Michael Orr plans to leave the College in June 2018, Davis Schneiderman will assume the role of Interim Krebs Provost and Dean of the Faculty for the 2018-19 academic year.
For more information, please see the following letter from College President Stephen D. Schutt:
Dear Faculty, Staff and Students,
Last month I informed you that Michael Orr plans to leave the College next June to become Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty at Skidmore College in New York. I am now very pleased to announce that at the time of Michael’s departure, Davis Schneiderman will assume the role of Interim Krebs Provost and Dean of the Faculty for the 2018-19 academic year.
Now in his fifth year as Associate Dean of the Faculty, Davis will bring great experience and enthusiasm to his role as Interim Provost and Dean. Thanks to his many accomplishments as Associate Dean – from enhancement of our Chicago connections to strategic direction of the Mellon Foundation Digital Chicago grant, relocation of the “In the Loop” program, expansion of summer programs and community college relationships to attract transfer students – the College is indebted to Davis, and I am confident he will do an outstanding job as Interim Provost and Dean.
I am pleased that Davis and Michael will be able to work closely together over the next six months. They and I – along with Associate Deans Ann Roberts and Dawn Abt-Perkins, both of whom will continue their vital work next year – will carefully review the full range of responsibilities shouldered by the Office of the Dean of Faculty, including the important work begun by Davis this fall as Associate Dean for Strategy and Innovation. We aim to have all such responsibilities well in hand and clearly assigned before Michael’s departure.
My expectation is to open a national search by September 2018 for the College’s next Krebs Provost and Dean of the Faculty, who would begin a four-year term in summer 2019.
Please join me in congratulating Davis Schneiderman and thanking him in advance for his vital service as Interim Krebs Provost and Dean of the Faculty. Best wishes to everyone for the remainder of the semester.
Stephen D. Schutt
Lake Forest College