- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Visiting Assistant Professor of Art History
Visiting Professor of Art History, 2018-19
Lake Forest College seeks applicants for a one-year visiting assistant professorship in art history for the academic years 2018-2019, to be based in the Department of Art and Art History. The Department combines studio art and art history, offering majors and minors in both disciplines. We seek candidates with a love of teaching and a desire to experience the richness and rewards of a career at a liberal arts college. The candidate will be expected to teach both majors and non-majors successfully, and previous college-level teaching experience is essential. Candidates should possess a PhD in Art History or a related field awarded before August 2018. The position is a non-tenure track appointment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in Medieval and Renaissance art, but a specialty in non-Western art is also desirable, with a strong preference for Asian art or Islamic art due to existing interdisciplinary curricula at the College. The candidate may also teach our introductory survey, Art History 110, which combines historical breadth with entry-level methodologies and art-historical writing. Lake Forest College is situated with easy access to world-class museum institutions, and object-based teaching is encouraged.
The Visiting Assistant Professor will be expected to teach three (3) courses per semester, ranging from the aforementioned courses to advanced courses in the candidate’s specialty. Salary and benefits are competitive.
Dossiers, including cover letter, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, sample syllabi, and contact information for three (3) references (at least one of whom should speak to the candidate’s teaching capability), should be submitted by January 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications as they are submitted and conduct interviews in January via phone or Skype.
Candidates should possess a PhD in Art History or a related field awarded before August 2018. The position is a non-tenure track appointment. The candidate will be expected to teach both majors and non-majors successfully, and previous college-level teaching experience is essential.
About Lake Forest College
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from over 47 states and 81 countries. At Lake Forest College, the quality of a faculty member’s teaching is the most important criterion for evaluation. The College also expects peer-reviewed publications and active participation in the College community. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.