- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
21st Annual Steven Galovich Symposium: Call for Nominations
Please nominate talented students no later than Friday, December 15 and consider marking the date of the Symposium in your syllabi.
The Steven Galovich Student Symposium brings all the members of our community together for a day of scholarly and creative presentations, exhibits, debates, performances, demonstrations, and posters. The Student Symposium shows off our students’ diverse achievements inside and outside the classroom. The 21st annual Symposium will take place on Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
As a reminder, all classes are canceled for the day. The College does not consider this a “day off,” for students, but a day to engage with the excellent academic work of the College. Our students benefit from frequent reminders about this.
We ask for your help in two ways:
1. Faculty/staff sponsorship is essential to ensure high-quality student presentations. Accordingly, please nominate talented students no later than Friday, December 15.
2. Please consider marking this date on your spring syllabi, and, as appropriate, building in course-related opportunities and incentives for students to attend.
We will cap the day with a creative arts showcase in the Durand Art Institute tied to a student art exhibit. At that event, we will also announce the winners of the World in 2050 competition which will include a considerable cash prize (more soon).
The Symposium looks to feature work from students who have progressed in their studies enough to best match the high standards of the event. We will, this year, also notify students who might be interested to contact you to discuss your possible sponsorship; faculty or staff sponsors must submit proposals on behalf of students.