- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Winter Break Housing Application available
The Winter Break Housing Application is now available online. If you need to stay during the break period, please complete the online contract by Friday, December 1, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
As you may know, Lake Forest College’s Office of Residence Life allows students to remain on campus during the Winter Break. We recognize that for some students, travel home is cost prohibitive. For others, home is not a safe place. In that vein, we allow students to stay in their residence halls for a nominal administrative fee of $140, which covers the cost of staffing the residence halls. That cost is billed to student accounts and is payable in accordance with deadlines determined by the Business Office.
The Winter Break Housing Application is now available online. If you need to stay during the break period, please complete the online contract by Friday, December 1, 2017 at 5:00 pm. Please note that in addition to the online contract, we do ask that you submit a brief statement of why you need to stay for break housing to email@example.com. This helps us understand the changing needs of our student population and continue to make changes that best support our students in future years.
To access the application, please visit the housing portal online: https://lakeforest.datacenter.adirondacksolutions.com/lakeforest_THDSS_PROD/
From the Application dropdown at the top of the screen, select the Winter Break Housing Application. There are no actual application questions – you are asked to read the electronic contract and sign it. Students who stay for the break period are permitted to stay in their current fall assignments. If you are departing for an off-campus program for Spring 2018 and requesting housing during winter break, please include that information, including your departure date, in your brief written statement.
It is important to note that during winter break, dining services is not available; however, students will have access to kitchens in Moore, McClure, and Cleveland-Young. Students are responsible for providing their own food and will be provided with information about shuttle service to local grocery stores during the break.
If you are an athlete with a scheduled return date of January 1 due to practice and competition schedules, you do not need to complete this process – athletics has already communicated with us about your planned return to campus.