- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Search Committee for Vice President and Dean of Students
A campus search committee to find our next Vice President and Dean of Students has been formed and hopes to announce its chosen candidate in March.
Professor of Music Don Meyer has agreed to chair the committee, and other committee members will include:
· Linda Horwitz, associate professor of communication
· Daw-Nay Evans, assistant professor of philosophy
· Agnes Stepek, director of human resources
· Joe Kinsella, head softball coach
· Melissa Naughton, director of transfer admissions
· Aldo Guzman, assistant dean and Gates Center director
· Danae Cannedy ’18
· Susan Baca ’19
· Conner Castleberry ’20
The committee expects to post an ad for the position by the end of this week in a variety of publications and online services, as well as on the College’s own website. The committee and President Stephen Schutt will also reach out to a wide range of contacts, including ACM/GLCA colleges and other institutions across the country. The nomination of impressive candidates who you believe would provide strong leadership in Student Affairs is encourages.
The anticipated deadline for candidates to submit applications will be December 20. In January, the search committee will work to whittle down the list of applicants to those who appear most promising, and conduct phone or Skype interviews with them. Based on those interviews, President Schutt expects the committee to invite three or four final candidates for on-campus interviews in February or early March. They hope to announce, before the end of March, the appointment of a new Vice President and Dean of Students to begin work on July 1, 2018.