- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
SOAN faculty give the talks of the town
Three faculty members from the Department of Sociology and Anthropology delivered lectures at exciting events last week.
Assistant Professor of Anthropology Rebecca Graff headlined a Chicago History Museum event on Thursday, October 26, with a talk she gave with Executive Director of the Society of Architectural Historians Pauline Saliga: “Excavating the Charnley-Persky House: Archaeology of Chicago’s Gold Coast, 1880–1920.” Graff and Saliga discussed how Archaeological finds from the Charnley-Persky House reveal the intricacies of life in Gilded Age Chicago.
Associate Professor of Anthropology Holly Swyers was one of two local speakers participating in the global Q Commons event, “Healing our Divided Nation,” on Thursday, October 26. Her talk was titled “When You Are Is Who You Are.”
Assistant Professor of Sociology Todd Beer was one of four Lake Forest College faculty members who participated in the Lake Forest College TEDx event, “Curving The Straight Line,” on Friday, October 27. Beer’s talk was titled, “Climate Justice: Thinking about Global Warming through a Different Lens.”