- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Sports Roundup: Spring 2017
MEN’S GOLF: 2ND AT MWC CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Foresters posted the best team score on two of the three days at the MWC Championship Tournament but finished as the conference’s runner-up for the second straight season. Davis DeKorte ’18 was the league’s individual champion with three consecutive rounds of 77 and was joined by Ricky Schmidt ’19, Durham Ghelfi ’18, and Jacob Krugman ’20 as All-MWC honorees (top 10). Krugman, who posted a score of 69 in his first round of the season, led the team with a scoring average of 77.16 on the year.
MEN’S TENNIS: 14-11, 6-2 MWC
Lake Forest reached the championship match of the four-team MWC Tournament for the third year in a row and, after falling behind 4-0, rallied before dropping a 5-3 decision to Grinnell College. Trevor Allen ’19 repeated as conference champion at #2 singles and teamed up with Ellis Lora-Arceo ’17 to claim another title at #2 doubles. Nick Zazove ’20, who matched the program record with 25 singles victories on the season, was named MWC Newcomer of the Year after capturing the league crown at #3 singles.
SOFTBALL: 22-16, 12-5 MWC
The Foresters earned a berth in the four-team MWC Tournament for the 18th year in a row and had a pair of First Team All-MWC honorees in Maria Zepeda ’19 and Riley Frisbie ’20. Frisbie, the league leader with nine home runs, was named MWC Newcomer of the Year and Second Team All-Great Lakes Region. Zepeda set a conference record with 51 runs scored and was a third team all-region selection.
WOMEN’S TENNIS: 10-10, 6-3 MWC
Lake Forest qualified for the four-team MWC Tournament for the eighth year in a row, despite having just two players back from last season’s team. Leeza Bodnar ’20 was named MWC Newcomer of the Year and Lucia Stumbras ’17, the league’s runner-up at #3 singles, matched the fifth-highest total in program history with 19 singles victories.
WOMEN’S GOLF: 3RD AT MWC CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Foresters continued their climb up the conference standings with a third-place finish at the MWC Championships in October and Allie Girard ’17 placed third in the league as an individual. Girard broke her own program record for scoring average in a season and the team’s average four-player score improved by 7.5 strokes per round from 2015-16.
—Sports Information Director Mike Wajerski