- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science invites applications for a tenure-track position at the assistant professor level beginning Fall 2018. The position requires a Ph.D. in an area of applied mathematics (to be completed no later than August 2018), with preference given to candidates with expertise in statistics, modeling, data mining, or operations research. Successful applicants will exhibit potential for a sustained research career and willingness to foster undergraduate research. The ability to teach a wide variety of introductory and upper-level undergraduate mathematics courses is expected.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from more than 40 states and from more than 70 countries. At Lake Forest College, the quality of a faculty member’s teaching is the most important criterion for evaluation. The College also expects peer-reviewed publications and active participation in the College community. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Applications should include a letter of application and CV that includes documentation of teaching experience. Applicants must also arrange to have three letters of reference sent separately. Material should be submitted electronically to MathJobs.org. Applications will be accepted through December 1, 2017 or until the position is filled.