- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Lunch and talk with film company founder Matt Helderman ’11
Take a break from finals to meet Matt Helderman ’11, who founded Buffalo 8 Productions while a senior at Lake Forest College. Join Matt for lunch on Friday, December 9 in the Pierson Rooms in the Student Center.
“Students will benefit greatly from hearing Matt’s story and and learning from his wide array of professional experiences,” Director of Athletics Jackie Slaats said of the former Forester hockey player. “Matt is an incredibly talented alumnus and we are proud of his continued success in the film industry.”
A philosophy major, athlete, and entrepreneur, Helderman founded Buffalo 8 Productions in 2011 while a senior at Lake Forest College to produce the team’s first feature film The Alumni Chapter. Under his leadership, Buffalo 8 has grown to become a full-service feature film and commercial production company. The company touted three premieres at the 2016 Sundance Festival (Little Men, As Your Are, 31) and is producing the new Spike Lee film, (The Rodney King Story, as a Netflix Original Film set for release in April 2017), among other projects.
Helderman also co-founded BondIt in 2013 to solve financing difficulties found in the entertainment and media business. By the end of 2016, BondIt had established itself as an industry leading financing firm having participated in the financing of more than 150 film and TV projects.
Students are strongly encouraged to RSVP in ForesterLink.