- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Young alumnus invests in current students
Dan Turk ’15, an investment banking analyst at Moelis & Company in New York City, shared vital insight about this competitive field with a small group of students over an informal—but powerful—lunch.
The finance major and asian studies minor shared information about working in hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, investor relations, and even job-search tips in the banking industry with the group.
“One of the things we’re very fortunate to have at Lake Forest College is alumni support for our students,” said Joe Chmura, Career Advancement Center assistant director. “Dan taking time out of his busy schedule to meet with our students will help give them not only a greater understanding of their future in banking, but also an important contact—someone they can reach out to, if they have questions. Our alumni are something that makes Lake Forest College very special.”
The Career Advancement Center offers a variety of opportunities for students to explore careers and meet with professionals in the field, including smaller group settings that make it easy to interact with and gain access to professionals.