- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Chair of Education Rachel Ragland and teacher education candidates Luz Herrera ’16 and Tonny Avila ’15 MAT ’16 served as ambassadors representing Lake Forest College at the April 15 Project LEAD Spring Summit held in Chicago and sponsored by the Center for Success at Associated Colleges of Illinois.
The 23-college network initiative, Leaders in Education Advocating for Diversity (LEAD), is designed to increase the pool of diverse and male teacher education candidates to more closely approximate the K-12 student demographics in Illinois. It is unique in its approach to solve this issue through faculty and student collaborative action within and across higher education institutions. Ragland chairs the multi-institution initiative.
Ambassadors shared their work across the college network and with Jason Helfer, deputy superintendent of the Illinois State Board of Education, and Amanda Lester, American Association of College Teacher Educators. The shared projects form an organizational structure for recruiting and supporting diverse and male candidates, as well as unique tools that create a tool box on which other institutions may build.
A highlight of the day was the signing of a MAP Resolution urging lawmakers to fund and distribute the MAP grants for this fiscal year and for the next and subsequent fiscal years.