- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Fourth translation of Lebanese author
Cynthia Hahn, professor of French, celebrates the publication of her fourth novel translation, The Man of All Silences, by Lebanese author Ezza Agha Malak.
The book is a contemporary novel about intercultural relationships, and in particular, a French
man and Lebanese woman, whose marital breakdown and failed communication is also symbolic of the socio-political conflicts witnessed in today’s Lebanon.
The Syrian refugee crisis and fighting within Lebanon, contrasted with life in the port city of Marseille, France, serve as cultural backdrops to this engaging reflection about the importance of strong family ties and communication between couples for mutual understanding and reconciliation. The novel was published by University Press of the South, 2016.