- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
On educational resources
Todd Beer was invited to speak about open access educational resources and their use in the classroom at the joint Midwest and North Central Sociological Society Conference.
Beer, an assistant professor in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, spoke about his blog, SociologyToolbox.com, and how he incorporates fresh data sources into his classroom teaching from polling organizations such as Gallup, think-tanks such as Brookings, and other empirically-based web sources, such as FiveThirtyEight.com.
The talk, held in Chicago on March 26, was attended by both graduate students and current faculty from institutions around the region.