- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Making important connections
Students got a jumpstart on their careers at the Aurora University American Marketing Association 2015 regional conference.
“The connections I made and the experience of networking with professionals and getting myself out there were my biggest takeaways from the experience,” communications major and digital media design minor Elina Yufa ’16 said.
The five Lake Forest students who attended with Assistant Professor of Business and Coordinator of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Darlene Jaffke were among 300 students representing 10 states and 29 colleges and universities.
The students began their day with a Career Connections event that offered opportunities to network with professionals from 25 different companies interested in hiring interns and graduates. The balance of the day was packed with multiple professional development workshops, including interviewing, resume building, and career planning.