- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Looking at the law
A leading political science organization invited Kathleen Stralka ’16 to share her paper questioning the constitutionality of a proposed law requiring drug-testing for food stamps and other benefits.
Stralka argues the proposed Wisconsin law would bring into question 4th Amendment search-and-seizure constitutionality and rights of privacy.
“I was grateful for the chance to share my research and get feedback from others in the field to learn how I can take my paper to the next level,” Stralka said. “This experience also was a good opportunity to network with other people in the political field.”
Stralka, a politics major and finance minor, presented her paper at the 2015 conference of the Illinois Political Science Association. The group is an affiliate of the American Political Science Association, the leading professional organization for the study of political science.