- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Danielle Gore ’12 received the Outstanding Beginning Teacher Award from the Illinois Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (IACTE).
A teacher at Washington Elementary School in Waukegan, Illinois, Gore integrates new technology into her classroom and shares her ideas with other teachers. She also continues to give back to Lake Forest College, where she returns each year to share her insights with the next cohort of teacher candidates about to begin their fieldwork experiences in Waukegan.
The elementary education and American studies double-major at Lake Forest College was among 10 first- or second-year teachers honored by the IACTE at the 2015 annual spring reception in April. “These awards recognize exceptional performance in the classroom,” said Tom Sargent, presient of IACTE. “We are proud of this year’s recipients for demonstrating the creative ways that teachers influence students’ lives.”