- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40469_Speednetworking3_edited.rev.1510946462.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29609_advisor.rev.1448902476.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40782_science.rev.1513697713.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/35592_shot02-041_v2.rev.1487090405.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40467_Speednetworking2_edited.rev.1510942416.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40781_art.rev.1513697706.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40779_31485_business.rev.1513697684.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40780_31484_finance_1.rev.1513697699.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29606_internships_and_experience_1.rev.1448900255.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40783_law.rev.1513697721.png)"/>
Mock Phone Interview Week: February 22-26. Sign Up Open!
Looking for a job or internship? Preparing for graduate school admissions interviews? Forester Career Network alumni and professional volunteers are ready to help you prepare for some of the most common interview questions during Mock Phone Interview Week.
What is a mock interview?
A mock interview is a practice interview with a professional who has interviewing experience. S/he asks you common interview questions and gives you feedback on your responses to help you prepare for those first round phone interviews used by so many employers.
Who will facilitate the interviews?
Alumni and professionals from a variety of backgrounds will volunteer. Many of them are part of the Forester Career Network. Confirmed volunteers work at the following organizations (will be updated weekly): Coyote Logistics,Citadel, Hillview 798 Productions, Wedgewood Partners, Careers in NonProfits,WTAE-4/Hearst Television, Brickfish, Georgetown University (Biology Department), Athenahealth, EventUp, Accenture, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, City Year, Citadel Theatre and more!
Who should sign up?
Students in any major or class year who want to practice their interviewing skills- especially those applying for jobs, internships or graduate school.
Do I need to prepare or have interviewing experience?
Not at all, however we encourage you to review the Career Milestone Guide: Preparing for an Interview available via your ForesterLink account in the Resource Library.
How do I sign up?
Sign up is LIVE and interviews are on a first-come, first-served basis. Log-in to your ForesterLink account and click on the “career events” tab. Review the list of organizations, dates and times and sign up for one or two mock phone interviews. You will be prompted to submit a resume when registering and will receive a confirmation with event details within a few business days.
How many interviews can I sign up for?
We encourage you to sign up for one or two 30-minute mock phone interviews. If you are interested in signing up for additional interviews, please email email@example.com
Why are the interviews taking place by phone?
Many employers invite candidates for a phone interview before bringing them in for an in-person interview thus job seekers need to be comfortable interviewing over the phone. This format also allows us to connect you with alumni and professional volunteers who live outside of the Chicagoland area.
How long is each interview?
Each interview is 30 minutes in length. You will be asked a few common interview questions and then will have time to get feedback from your interviewer.
Do I need to interview with someone in my career field/industry of interest?
No, all mock phone interviews will focus on common interview questions that are not industry specific. You can sign up for a mock phone interview with any of the volunteers.
What if I have a specific position or type of position I am interviewing for?
Sign up for your mock phone interview and email the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send the position to your interviewer and he/she will ask some interview questions related to the job description. Interviewers won’t be able to ask or review very technical or industry specific interview questions/practices.
What happens after I sign up?
You will receive a confirmation email with more information including the phone number of the volunteer you will be mock phone interviewing with.