- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
$2M pledged to support career services
The donation from anonymous donors is the largest in College history to help students achieve post-graduate success.
Lake Forest College is pleased to announce that anonymous donors have pledged $2 million to boost career preparation and employer engagement to benefit Lake Forest College students and alumni.
“Access to sustained, meaningful career development while in college is vital for our students’ happiness and prosperity after Lake Forest,” said President Stephen D. Schutt. “Our strong Career Advancement Center and faculty have been working hard to provide that access, and this generous donation puts us in an excellent position to do a lot more. We’re going to set a high standard of excellence and become a real leader in career services.
Lake Forest College’s career, internship, and professional development services are administered through the Career Advancement Center, led by Associate Vice President Lisa Hinkley. Nine out of every 10 Lake Forest students utilize CAC services during their four years on campus, and more than half complete internships for college credit.
This donation is the largest the College has received for career preparation to date. According to Hinkley, “The donation will help us expand our internship offerings, strengthen essential employer and alumni connections, and offer exceptional job-readiness skill-building opportunities.”
Lake Forest students are doing well after graduation. According to a survey of 2013 alumni, 94% of graduates had a job, were enrolled in graduate school, or were pursuing chosen interests within six months of graduation. Lake Forest College has also been recognized for its high return on investment by Payscale.com.
Click here for more information about career services at Lake Forest College.