- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Runners volunteer at Chicago Marathon
The majority of the Lake Forest College Cross Country team headed down to Chicago at 5 a.m. Saturday morning to volunteer working during the elite finish time-frame of the Chicago Marathon.
From 6:30 a.m. to noon the team basically “cooked Gatorade” - as the race organizers say (that simply means mixing syrup with water), stacked tables with dixie cups full of the stuff and readied to pass it out to athletes.
“As always, it was a great time and so rewarding watching some of the best runners in our sport run on such a beautiful fall day,” cross country coach Dan Simpson said. “Chicago is always electric, but there’s something even more special about marathon day. Everyone is just so happy!”
The College’s very own Coach Kristine Burgess ran nearly a two-minute personal record at the marathon, running 2:56 (6:40 mile pace) for 26.2 miles! The cross country team couldn’t be more proud of her. She’s been such a great addition to the athletics staff this fall and has helped the College’s women’s team so much in terms of pacing for workouts, etc. She is also a local professor at a medical university (Rosalind Franklin University) and a former Physician’s Assistant, so she brings a lot of health & wellness expertise to the College’s staff.