Lake Forest College seeks an intern to assist the College staff plan and coordinate special events and activities that take place on the campus. This is a unique opportunity for students pursuing a career in hospitality, hotel management and/or public relations.
This internship will last for one year (from June 1, 2014 – May 31, 2015). The successful candidate will work up to 24-26 hours per week, with the majority of the hours scheduled from Wednesday through Sunday.
This is a paid internship that can include on campus housing for the duration of position.
- Active pursuit of a post high school degree in hotel management, public relations, hospitality management, marketing management or a related field
- Completion at least one year of post high school education in hotel management, public relations, hospitality management, marketing management or related field
- Must be able to think strategically; identify issues and offer creative, reasonable solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Strong organizational, project management and communication skills required
- Prior event and meeting planning experience helpful
Please send a resume, cover letter and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.