Associate Director, Career Advancement Center
The Associate Director contributes to the vision and oversight of the Career Advancement Center in order to maximize employment, internship, and networking connections for Lake Forest College students and alumni. Lake Forest College is committed to its students’ post-graduate success, and the Associate Director will have the opportunity to contribute to campus-wide coordination of efforts to ensure our graduates obtain productive, rewarding careers after graduation.
This is a 12-month, full time position and reports to the Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development.
CAREER CENTER OPERATIONS
- Lead the CAC event/office operations team, which includes 1-2 part-time staff members and 6-8 student staff members. Recruit, train and supervise operations team members; coordinate work assignments to integrate part-time and student staff into CAC operations, student engagement, and employer relations teams.
- Evaluate career center operations for business process improvement and develop action plans to improve processes and performance.
- Assist CAC team in planning, developing, evaluating and managing programs, policies, and procedures to maximize the use of resources; assist AVP in monitoring and maintaining adequate budget throughout fiscal year including determining the best allocation and utilization of resources to achieve program goals.
- Ensure adequate involvement of professional and student staff in support of career center activities, especially for major events and daily office coverage.
- Lead execution of major career programs, including Speed Networking and Get Hired events.
- Develop branding plan in partnership with Communications & Marketing Department to market employer activities and career center resources.
- Guide execution of communication strategy, including updating the CAC website and creating clear processes/structures for using communication to motivate students/alumni, faculty, and staff to take advantage of valuable resources.
- Produce clear and concise materials for internal and external publication; ability to edit and format the work of others for online and print production.
- Maintain procedures to support highly targeted communication with key constituents.
DATA COLLECTION AND REPORTING
- Update existing student engagement and career readiness assessment procedures.
- Coordinate data collection and analysis, including student outcomes and employer engagement data; compile and report quantitative and qualitative data for annual reports, marketing purposes, etc.
- Manage and organize information using technology systems, including the alumni database (Jenzabar), career service management system (CSO/Interfase), LinkedIn and website content management systems (LiveWhale and iModules).
- Structure event/office operations team activities to provide optimal service in support of recruiting and networking efforts; coordinate employer relations efforts amongst key stakeholders, including Faculty Internship Supervisors, Alumni Relations & Development staff, Alumni Board members, and Trustees.
- Interact with employers to discuss positions available within their organization and requirements for Lake Forest College students/alumni to be highly competitive for positions.
- Strengthen formal and informal networks for connecting potential candidates with opportunities, including coordinating appropriate events and launching online networking program; participate in CAC employer relations team.
- Participate in relevant campus committees and professional associations.
Candidate must be an organized self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is able to work both autonomously and collaboratively. Must have strong time management, prioritizing, customer service, and project/resource management skills. Must be able to lead and offer support to multiple projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will be technologically savvy, a systems thinker, familiar with effective marketing techniques, adept at building and maintaining relationships, detail-oriented, and able to gather/analyze quantitative and qualitative data. Strong written and verbal communication skills across mediums, as well as ability to work effectively with culturally diverse students, alumni, faculty, and staff will be essential. Appreciation for a liberal arts education is also essential.
Some full-time professional supervisory experience and experience working in higher education, preferably in career services, are strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is preferred. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends; willingness to travel, primarily in Chicagoland area. Willingness to perform other duties, as assigned.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, résumé, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2399
Electronic applications are preferred. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until a successful candidate is found. Applications from traditionally under-represented groups are actively encouraged. Please only use email@example.com for inquiries related to this position. References will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.
Lake Forest College is a selective private national liberal arts institution located 30 miles north of Chicago. The College has a student body of 1575 undergraduate students representing 47 different states and 81 foreign countries. The College boasts an impressive student to faculty ratio of 13 to 1 with an average class size of 19. The College’s student body is culturally diverse, with approximately 40% of our students identifying as ethnic minority or international students. We also have a visible, active, and vibrant LGBT student population.