- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
And the award goes to…
Professor of French Cynthia Hahn won the 2014 Trustee Award for Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership. The campus community attended a ceremony on Monday, April 7 in the Lily Reid Holt Memorial Chapel to honor her.
The trustee award ceremony officially kicked off the annual Steven Galovich Memorial Student Symposium on April 8.
The recipient of the trustee award is chosen annually by a selection committee including the Krebs Provost and Dean of Faculty, an alumnus [Tim State in this instance], last year’s award recipient [Professor of Mathematics David Yuen], and the President.
“Cynthia Hahn exemplifies the qualities that are celebrated by the Trustee Award,” said President Schutt. “Her exceptional classroom teaching has been praised by students for many years, and she has exhibited strong campus leadership in a multitude of ways. A former Associate Dean of the Faculty, she has continuously been elected by her faculty peers to serve on central governance committees, including the Promotion and Tenure Subcommittee which she chairs this year. Cynthia has also done much to enhance the creative and intellectual climate on campus through her original poetry, her literary translations, her musical performances, and the numerous external speakers she has brought to the College.”
“It is a wonderful honor to be chosen for this award after 24 years at the College,” said Professor Hahn. “I especially appreciate the way this award links teaching and campus leadership, as I see my role as an educator and life learner both inside and beyond the classroom.”
Congratulations, Professor Hahn!