- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
Chicago author Thomas Dyja to wrap up Symposium
The author of the critically-acclaimed book, The Third Coast: When Chicago Built the American Dream, Thomas Dyja will wrap up the Student Symposium with an engaging discussion about Chicago’s role in building American culture at 4:30 p.m. in the Lily Reid Holt Memorial Chapel on Tuesday, April 8.
Dyja, a northwest side Chicago native, tells the story of Chicago in its postwar prime and explains its profound impact on modern America, and the world. His talk is titled, “Beyond Pizza and Big Shoulders: Getting to the Heart of the Third Coast.”
The Third Coast won the Chicago Tribune Heartland Prize and was selected as one of the New York Times 100 Notable Books of 2013, and named one of the Chicago Tribune’s best books of 2013. It will be featured in the upcoming re-release of the Chicagoan.
His newly released paperback book will be available for purchase at the event and the author will sign copies.