- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
New book by Professor of Politics Emeritus Rand Smith named “outstanding academic title”
His work Enemy Brothers: Socialists and Communists in France, Italy, and Spain (Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2012) has just been named an “Outstanding Academic Title” for 2013 by Choice Magazine, the review publication of the American Library Association.
Each year the editors of Choice give this designation to about ten percent of some 7,000 works reviewed in the magazine during the previous year. The criteria used for selection include a work’s overall scholarly excellence, importance relative to other literature in the field, originality, and value to undergraduate students. Out of approximately 250 books reviewed in the field of comparative politics last year, Enemy Brothers was one of eighteen to be deemed outstanding. Smith is the Irving L. and Vern D. Young Professor of Politics Emeritus.