- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Lecturer in Finance Stewart Foley starts advisory firm
The finance lecturer, who teaches corporate finance and financial management, established an advisory firm last month that gives advice to investment managers entering the insurance market for the first time.
“Insurance companies are required to put a strong focus on money management, and they frequently outsource segments of their portfolios to third-party managers with special expertise,” Foley stated in a press release dated November 14, 2013. “My new company, Insurance AUM, can provide entrants to this field with the essential tools to win and retain clients.”
Foley’s prior experience in the field of insurance asset management includes GR- NEAM of Farmington, CT, and AAM, LLC, two top-ranked insurance asset managers. Most recently, he was head of US insurance advisory for P-Solve Meridian, a unit of UK-based Punter Southall Group. With these firms, he managed a total of more than $25 billion of insurance general account insurance company assets in the US, London and Bermuda markets.
Foley graduated with honors from the University of Missouri with a BSBA in Finance, received an MBA from the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business and is a CFA Charterholder.