- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Lake Forest College names two new trustees
Doni Fordyce-Urfirer ’81, of Greenwich, Connecticut and Craig P. Omtvedt of Lake Forest, Illinois, will serve on the College’s Board of Trustees through 2017.
Lake Forest, Ill. – Lake Forest College is pleased to welcome two outstanding individuals to the Board of Trustees.
Doni Fordyce-Urfirer, a Lake Forest College alumna and resident of Greenwich, Connecticut, is a Founding Partner of Stone Key Capital, an investment firm focused on the government and commercial technology sectors. She has two decades of senior executive and investment management experience, most recently as a founding partner and Executive Vice President of L-1 Identity Solutions. She previously served Bear Stearns Asset Management as CEO, President and COO; and Goldman Sachs as a Vice President. Ms. Fordyce-Urfirer is on the advisory board for RSR Partners. She is also a past director of the U.S. Department of Defense Investment Board, The Big Apple Circus and BISYS Group. Ms. Fordyce-Urfirer graduated from the College in 1981, with majors in mathematics and economics, and has served as a member of the College’s Investment Committee for the past several years.
“Doni is a prominent business leader who will bring great strategic and investment acumen to the Board,” said President Steve Schutt. “I’m very excited that she has accepted our invitation to join us.”
Craig P. Omtvedt, a Lake Forest resident, retired as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Fortune Brands in 2011. He continues to serve Beam, Inc., the successor to Fortune Brands, as an advisor, and also serves General Cable Corporation, Oshkosh Corporation and Hillshire Brands Company as a director. In addition, Mr. Omtvedt is a long-serving national trustee for the Boys and Girls Club of America. Before joining Fortune Brands in 1989, he worked for the Pillsbury Company and Sears, Roebuck & Company. A Minnesota native, he received his bachelor’s degree in accounting and business finance from the University of Minnesota–Duluth in 1972.
“Craig Omtvedt is a widely respected senior business executive who has enjoyed an exceptionally successful career,” said President Schutt. “He is also a strong believer in the importance of higher education, and his experience and expertise will be very helpful to the College and our Board of Trustees. I am delighted that he has joined our Board.”
The two were unanimously voted on to the Lake Forest College Board of Trustees at the quarterly meeting on October, 19, 2013. Fordyce-Urfirer and Omtvedt will serve until 2017.